The goal of the PowerPoints and articles is to orient teachers to the topics we will address on November 30 and December 1 in Saratoga Springs. During the workshops, teachers will practice instructional techniques to address students’ needs, based on EasyCBM assessment results, in the areas of phonological awareness, letter-sound correspondence, word reading, and passage reading fluency.
- Distribute the 2 articles: Targeting the Problem and English Language Learners and the Five Essential Components of Reading Instruction.
- During each audio PowerPoint presentation, I refer to sections of these two articles.
- View the PowerPoints in this order:
- Additional readings for those who want more information
- Phonological Awareness (this is a lengthy article with many suggested strategies)
- Phonics (one-page tip sheet for letter-sound strategies)